Saturday, August 31, 2013

Spinach Dip Pull Apart Bread



I was looking for a fun appetizer to take to a friends house last weekend and was really wanting a spinach dip type recipe. I have been wanting to make a sourdough bread pull recipe for awhile now and decided I would mix the two. I didn't find any recipes for the spinach dip sourdough bread pulls so I just kind of winged it with a recipe I found from Pillsbury. It came out soooo good. It was gone really fast and everyone said how good it was. I think I will be making the bread pulls in many different flavors. It is such a pretty dish to bring somewhere. I saw a recipe for a cinnamon roll one...I think that will be my next one!

Spinach Dip Pull Apart Bread
Adapted from Pillsbury 

1 loaf sourdough bread
1 stick butter, melted
1 9oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8oz block mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut sourghdough bread in both directions, but taking care not to cut all the way through.

Stuff mozzarella cheese slices in all the cuts in the bread.

In a large bowl in mix spinach, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into cuts in the bread.

Pour melted butter all over bread.

Wrap bread in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake an additional 10 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment